An author coach guides writers on the long journey from inspiration to publication. Some coaches are primarily editors, while others act as editors, agents, and even mentors who will call regularly to check your progress. It all depends on what you need.
But whatever your starting point or work habits, if your goal is to teach readers how to do something, what you need most is an advisor who knows the genre.
Whether you’re a new author — or just new to how-to — or you’re a publisher or acquisitions editor working with writers, I can help you:
- develop your concept and define its focus
- create a proposal for submitting to publishers and agents
- plan your outline and overall book structure
- establish voice and scope based on the target reader
- select formats for various types of content
- tailor projects and instructions for a DIY audience
- incorporate graphics and other visual elements
- compile and/or create reference for illustration and photo
- edit your work at any stage
- review finished content for readability, clarity, and technical accuracy